3/16/2021 - Love
Updated: Apr 9, 2021
● If you don't know God, you don't know love. Love is God.
● God’s love is perfect and is a sacrifice.
● God loved that He gave. He gave freely. That is love. Love and giving coincide with one another.
● God commanded this kind of love. In John 14:15, He said if we love Him we will keep His commandments. We must keep love with ALL of our heart
● What does it look like?
○ Walk humbly with God
○ Talk and listen with God
○ Obey God
1 John 4:20
● Agape love is the truest, purest kind of love.
● We must keep in mind there is ALWAYS a time to love.
● We cannot have this kind of love when we try to do it within ourselves.
● John 13:35
1 John 4:19
● The reason we are able to move and have our being is because God loved us first.
● It all started at the cross.
Proverbs 10:12 and 1 Peter 4:8
● God consistently provides His grace and mercy out of love
1 Corinthians 13
● Love chapter!
● You never know who God may put in your path to test your loving character.
● He is coming back for ac church that resembles Him, including the loving character that He has. It is all about love.
1 John 5:3
● In all our ways we should acknowledge Him. Through Him keeping his commandments are not hard when you do it with God.
● We must allow forgiveness to come into our hearts in order to allow love to flow.
● Love is an action word, without any action behind it, the word means nothing.