3/30/2021 - It's A Love Issue
Updated: Apr 9, 2021
2 Timothy 3:1-2
● There is a distinction between self-centered love and selfless love. Self-centered love is all about you, selfless love is agape love.
○ The love that Jesus has is without strings attached and it is unconditional.
● Love is what draws people, it's by the love that you show. You can’t show this kind of love until you can love yourself.
● The first step to healing is confession. You must be honest about the love you carry for yourself. You will never be progressive until you are able to acknowledge the issues of life.
● One clue is the closer that an individual gets to you, you began to draw back.
● It is not possible to love others until you love yourself.
● We struggle so much to live out the second greatest commandment, because we struggle loving ourselves the right way.
● We must SEARCH OURSELVES!
Matthew 22: 34-40
● You won't be able to get to the other commandments without reaching this one.
● At our self-destructive behavior, Jesus wants the best for us.
● You can’t talk this love, you have to show this love
● Psalm 121:1-2
○ You have to let the light show you, you.
● A lot of us can’t love ourselves because we won’t forgive. We won’t forgive one another and also forgive ourselves.
○ God wants the love to flow and the love starts with you.
○ You simply have to give yourself permission to let go and move on.
1 John 4:18-19
● When you truly love yourself this gives you the opportunity to move through the world with a deeper compassion for others.
● You can't give away something you don't have in you.
2 Corinthians 5:17
● This is how you continue to grow in love. It starts with asking God to teach you how to love yourself, and forgive yourself. God is love and love is a commandment from God!
Reasons You Can’t Start Loving Yourself:
You don't love yourself because you won't let go of your past.
The lack of love- Because you have never been loved yourself.