Updated: May 12, 2021
● Resort yourself to prayer and staying watchful
1 Peter 1:13
1 Peter 5:8
● You have to be alert because the enemy knows our appetite, and the enemy comes in so settle.
● He isn't worried about the sinner man, he is worried about the lukewarm ones, the ones that have tasted the goodness of the Lord.
Proverbs 8: 33-34
Matthew 24: 4-5
● God does not tell us to watch to be scared, but to watch to be alert.
● Your attitude makes a difference in how you watch
Matthew 24: 42-44
● Think about Nehemiah working, he had to watch and the people around him watching. This is why it is important to have the church watching with you. What are you watching? Watch your way of life. Watch what you allow to plug into you.
● There is a saying that you never know who is watching you, but you also need to know you never know who may see you. The enemy will purposely set you up to ensure someone sees you to hinder your testimony
● The enemy will come into your life and cause distractions by things that will get you off course, with things you never had and start getting it.
● You think he will come in and get someone else, but he will come in and trip you up on something you love.
● When you are not alert and watchful, you will hear the wrong voice.
Romans 8: 26-28
7 Attitudes of Prayer
Acceptance - We must understand that God knows better than what we do
Faith - The blessings of prayers have been shown to us in scripture
Persistence - Keep on asking, keep on seeking, keep on knocking
Right Motives- James 4: 1-3
Harmony with God’s will
Desire to Obey - 1 John 3:22
Thanksgiving - All of our request unto God should be with thanksgiving; God loves a grateful soul